Thursday 25 August 2011

Only One Day Left

I'm so glad it's already Thursday afternoon. If I had to sit here any longer this week I'd probably go postal.

Mr Creepy's team decided to celebrate the Rugby World Cup thing. They have decorated the office with flags and rugby pictures and such. They also decided that Friday would be rugby day at the office. So they decided to order vetkoek. So this one girl goes around with the menu of vetkoek fillings and asks almost everyone at the office to place their order. That's right. ALMOST everyone. They skipped me and all of the Coaching and Training team. And this is supposed to be a team building thing. It looks more like a "kiss my ass while I brown-nose the boss" thing. It's fucking pathetic. If you want to exclude people because they are not good enough for your elite little team of brown-nosers, then make the arrangements via email. Do not fucking talk about your plans in "hushed" tones in a fucking open plan office. And don't force non-rugby fans to look at your fucking rugby paraphenalia all fucking day. I don't wallpaper the office with posters of Jacques Kallis and Hashim Amla when the Cricket World Cup is on.

The boss called me earlier and asked me to arrange accommodation for myself at Olwazini for next week. He wants be to be there to work and there are things we need to discuss. I'm glad that I'll be getting out of here for a week. I'm so sick of the back-stabbing, the office politics and all the bullshit that goes on in this office. I'm tired of feeling like I'm being spied on. I'm tired of all the bullshit.

My highlight of the weekend will be seeing the CapTim on Saturday. We are going to hang out. It's been a long time since we last just hung out, no worries. I miss him terribly. He's my best friend and I feel like we need to spend time together and see if our relationship has any chance of survival.

Now I need to find a way to make it through the rest of the afternoon without losing my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment