Tuesday 3 July 2012

Forgiveness...

I have been thinking a lot about forgiveness the last few days. In the last year, I have done a lot of soul-searching and have forgiven God and, for the most part, myself for everything that happened. I feel that I need to forgive the ex for the part that he has played. I need to forgive him, and I need to tell him that I forgive him.

The problem that I am facing is that, knowing him, I know that he feels no remorse for his part in everything that happened. I am certain that he feels as though he was the victim in all of this, which means that I would have to apologise for my part in everything that happened. Am I really ready to do that? I don't know.

I know that once all has been forgiven and once I have apologised, I will be able to move forward with my life.

And so I will continue to think about forgiveness. I will continue to battle with myself and with my perception of him. And I will see what conclusion I come to.

No comments:

Post a Comment