Monday 9 July 2012

Zombies, Rock Stars, Strippers and the British...

I slept really badly last night. I had a very long, very complicated dream about a zombie outbreak. I would wake up from the dream, calm myself down and then go back to sleep, only for the dream to continue. In my dream I was running a lot. My calves are now aching. My entire body hurts, as though I had run a marathon. The dream was set at Camp Mason, where I spent two summers working. It was all exactly the same, except for the expolding cars, burning buildings and the zombies trying to eat me.

Needless to say, I do not feel as though I got enough rest. I am rather exhausted at the moment, wishing that I could go home, get back into bed and sleep a zombie-free sleep.


Yesterday afternoon, I went to the movies with my sister. We went to watch Rock of Ages. Despite the mostly negative reviews, I enjoyed it. It had some of my favourite songs in it, the acting was really not that bad and it has a baboon wearing a general's uniform. I have to admit that the baboon was my favourite part!



My sister and I already have another movie night planned. We are going to watch Magic Mike at the end of the month. And I can't wait!!!



When I got home after the movie, I had just enough time to pour myself a little drink and then I settled in to watch the first episode of the second season of Downton Abbey.... I love that show. It's so very British!



Saturday was a very chilled day for me. I had stayed over at Miss Dee's house after the PJ Powers show. I got dropped off at home just before noon. I took an awesome shower and then decided to watch tv, except there was nothing good on, so I watched Edward Scissorhands for the first time ever. My sister have given me the dvd for my birthday. I loved it. What a beautiful movie! It was the first Johnny Depp/Tim Burton work and it's so simple and easy. It's got non of the madness of later collaorations. It's just a genuinely sweet movie.

As usual, the weekend felt way too short for my liking. One more day would have been ideal, but we can't all have what we want.

No comments:

Post a Comment