Wednesday 5 October 2011

Bits and Pieces

The big news even yesterday was the denial of a South African visa to His Holiness The Dalai Lama. His Holiness was to attend Archbishop Desmond Tutu's 80th birthday. I saw parts of a press conference held by the Archbishop and he was furious! He said that this government is worse than the apartheid government and that this government did not represent him. Harsh words and rightly so. The ANC government is more concerned with maintaining economic relations with China. His Holiness is a man of peace, but apparently he is seen as a threat to South Africa's economy. What a load of ballsacks. His Holiness is the only religious leader I actually admire and respect and it makes me very, very angry.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/We-will-pray-for-ANCs-downfall-Tutu-20111004

Last night was the Idols final. I was rooting for Mark Haze from Cape Town, a 29 year old rocker. Instead the title went to Dave van Vuuren, 21 years old from Joburg. It was disappointing but I am certain that both of them will make music and have successful careers. Apparently it was the closest voting ever with Dave taking in 50.49% of the votes. So the country was really split down the middle!

http://www.channel24.co.za/TV/News/Idols-7-winner-revealed-20111004-2

Other than that, I have nothing more to say. I'm doing the same as always. A little angry, a little sad and very, very tired. I need a holiday. I need to be able to sleep as much as I possibly can for at least a week. It's so annoying to wake up tired. I want to be able to sleep a lot, eat well and spend some time outside.

Saturday is my last appointment with my psychologist. I feel that I have done a lot of healing already, although I know that I still have a long way to go. I know that there will be times where I feel that I have gone backwards, but I know that it will only be temporary. There are a lot of things I need to deal with, there are a lot of things I have already dealt with. Yesterday I felt sad and angry at wasting three and a half years of my life on what now feels like a huge lie. My mom said that it was three and a half years of experience. She is right. I can't just brush the last three and a half years under the carpet. I need to learn from it. And I have learnt something already.... No gingers, no struggling musicians, no men with parental issues, no Peter Pans. Just saying.

I'm glad that the week is almost over. It's all downhill from here. This weekend I am going to be painting my bedroom and trying to move in there as soon as possible. If not this weekend, then the next, for sure. And I will spend my first weekend in my bedroom in bed. I think that's a good idea.

I am not feeling particularly social today so I might not be very visible on social networks. I just want to keep to myself. Not for any reason other than I just don't have much to say.

I have an awesome playlist going so I'm just going to enjoy that. Just need to add some more songs so that none of them repeat during the course of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment