Thursday 13 October 2011

Yawn...

I stopped taking my sleeping tablets last week because I felt that they kept me drowsy throughout the day. I noticed the difference in my energy levels immediately. But Since Sunday night, I had not been sleeping well, so last night I took one again. It was great. I slept through the night, not waking up for anything. But this morning is quite a struggle to keep my eyes open. I feel as though I could fall asleep at any moment. I'm hating it! I hate this whole cloudy feeling in my brain.

I think a lot to do with my inability to sleep is related to my bedroom-less situation. Almost three and a half months without a bedroom, privact, peace and quiet can take a toll on a person. My bedroom is almost done. I need to clean the carpets, put up the curtains and move in. I am hoping to be in there by Sunday. I don't know how much more I can take. It'll be so nice to have my double bed. And on weekends I can sleep late... At the moment, sleeping in the study, I am woken up whenver anyone goes to the kitchen. And yes, my parents still wake up relatively early on weeknds. It's been quite the experience.

In other news, I saw the Advocate on Tuesday evening and it went quite well. He is very confident that we are going to hook up. And that makes me feel good. But at the same time, he's not pushy. And that makes me feel even better. I am going to just go with the flow, see what happens and take it from there. I get the feeling, however, that friends, family and co-workers are already planning my wedding. At least in their heads. I mean, the Advocate, let's call him Mr. B (how very Carrie Bradshaw of me) is quite a catch. He's 35 years old and an advocate. He wears suits to work. He drives a grown-up car. He has money (not that I'm looking for a rich man). He also has a 2 year old daughter and I can see that he's a doting dad. He's responsible, but still likes to have fun. And confident. Very confident, but not arrogant. He's rather different from Peter Pan (the ex). And to think that Mr. B and Peter Pan have been friends from primary school days.... It's going to be interesting when Peter Pan finds out. Well, that's if he reacts at all.

So yeah, I saw Mr. B (the Advocate) on Tuesday and we had a good talk. I didn't get drunk... Well, only just a little. And when he dropped me off at the train station, I wanted to kiss him. I really did, but I knew that I was a little drunk, so I held back. But next time... Who knows what could happen. And yes, there will be a next time. Apparently we are having dinner next week. And I was invited to sleep over at his house that night. In the spare room. Or not. That's exactly how he put it. And that's fine. Whatever happens, happens. It's a little exciting!

So today is Thursday, the cricket is starting and it's almost weekend. Yes, I'm looking for ward to the cricket... South Africa vs Australia in a T20 game. I wish I could have gone, but I'm sure that I'll be attending a few games this season.

Weekend.... Bedroom.... I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment