Monday 5 December 2011

9 Days and Counting...

Last week I attended the Assesor and Moderator course at Olwazini. It was very intense, lots of work was covered in a few days and there is still more work to be done in the form of two Protfolios of Evidence. So guess what I'll most likely be doing while I'm on leave... Yip... Work, work and more work.

On Thursday, our restructure became official. Our team is now 100% part of Human Resources: Learning and Development. And so, my boss' new boss came through to Olwazini to celebrate. And celebrate we did!!! Lots of drinks and shooters and dancing and midnight swims. Unfortunately, there was also the awkwardness of the married guy trying to get into the pants of all the single ladies. Not cool. Not cool at all. But we all had a pact to not let the jerk get his jollies. And so he went home disappointed. I really think it's uncool to expect that from colleagues. Especially when everyone knows that you're married and that your wife is pregnant. Sis on you!

I got home on Friday afternoon and decided that I wanted to go to the Bohemian to see The Black Cat Bone and Juggernaught. I asked the Advocate if he was available, but he was unfortunately being dad. So I went off on my own and met up with Jessie when I got there. It was well worth it. I had an awesome time!!! Dancing and drinks and shooters and tons of fun!

Needless to say, I spent the rest of the weekend chilling. Two nights in a row was rather hectic for me!

Now I am back at work, with only 9 working days left. I can't wait to be on leave and just spend some time relaxing. And working on my portfolios, yes.

I did something over the weekend and it has left me feeling as though a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I deleted evey sms, evey photo and every video featuring the ex from my phone. They are all gone. I thought it would hurt and that I would cry over it, but I didn't. I feel fine. Perhaps I am closer to healed than what I imagined. It's a great feeling. Before Christmas, I want to be rid of those things of his that are still in that bag in my closet. I've decided that if I can't deliver them personally, I will wrap them up in brown paper or something, mark it clearly and leave it with the security guards at his complex. I refuse to have any reminders of him in my possession when 2012 rolls round. I want to start the new year fresh and happy. And that's what I'm going to do.

9 Days to go!!!! Woop!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment