Thursday 15 December 2011

A Very Special Day

Today is a special day for a number of reasons.

1. It is my five-year anniversary at Nedbank. There have been good times and bad times, but I have grown as a person and as a professional. I have met many amazing people along the way who have taught me so much about business and about myself. Next year, my department will face some new challenges and I am really looking forward to it!

2. It is my last working day of 2011! After a long, emotional, crazy year, I am finally going on a well-deserved break. It is time for me to reflect on all that has happened and to celebrate the good that has come from all of the turmoil. And it is also time to get some rest so that I am able to be the best version of me in 2012!

3. The first test between South Africa and Sri Lanka starts in Centurion today. I am really looking forward to watching some good cricket. Hopefully, I will be able to go to SuperSport Park to watch, but I am also perfectly happy to have the game on the TV at home.

I have decided that if I do not see the Advocate before the end of this weekend, I will have to do the right thing and move away from the hope that there could be something there. I just think that it's taking him too long to get it together and I do not have time to waste.

Now I have a few last minute things to do before going on leave. I hope the day goes quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment