Thursday 29 December 2011

A Wish...

Last night I went out for dinner with my friend G. She is flying back to Nigeria tomorrow and we decided to have one last catch-up. It was good and we decided that we are going to India in 2013 for the IPL. Definately something to look forward to!

I am kind of miserable at the moment. The Advocate got back from his holiday at the beginning of this week and he had said that we would get together before he leaves for his all-boys road trip on Saturday. It is now Thursday and we still have not gotten together. I sent him an sms yesterday asking how he's doing but I got no reply. This afternoon I got a missed call from him, so I sent him an sms asking what's up and again, I have received no reply. So now I'm pissed off. Is not replying the new norm? What the hell happened to common decency? I highly doubt that he'll call tomorrow. And that means that I'm done. This is proving to be too complicated for me at the moment and complicated is the last thing I need. All I want is an uncomplicated life. And if that means being on my own, so be it. I actually shed a few tears today. It's very fitting, seeing as I spent the entire year crying. But the crying ends with 2011. I am not going to cry over some man next year. That is the resolution that I intend on keeping, come hell or high water.

There are only two days left of this most fucked up year. I am glad it's almost over. Next year is the year that I concentrate on being in a relationship with myself. I will be the most important person in my life. That's the way it has to be.

Bring on 2012 - The Year of Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment