Monday 23 April 2012

Weekendness

It was a rather interesting weekend....

I went to Steak and Ale to watch the Black Cat Bones on Friday night. It took me a while to decide what to do. Part of me wanted to just go home and go to sleep, but a bit of a party eventually won the battle! After a divine dinner with my folks at O'Galito's in Woodlands, I went off to Centurion to Steak and Ale. I met up with Jess and Jan and we had an awesome time. I got home just before 1am and slept!!!

As expected, I woke up with a bit of a hangover on Saturday morning. I almost think I'm starting to get too old for going out!!! Hectic headache and feeling like I'd picked up a spot of flu. And then as I'm browsing Facebook, I see that Steak and Ale, where I had been the previous evening, had burnt to the ground! I still have no idea as to what time it happened, but it must have been after they closed, so maybe 5 or 6 in the morning.

I did a spot of shopping on Saturday. I bought a new handbag, as well as a trolley bag for my laptop. I've gotten tired of lugging my stupid laptop around on public transport so now I have my little bag on wheels! Yay! I also bought some essentials... Socks, undies, gloves.... Nothing too exciting. But it was good.

I've been looking for new work pants but haven't been able to find the right length and the right size. On Sunday I was at Edgars in Woodlands Mall and I finally found the longer length pants. Happiness! Except that it now seems that I'm between sizes!! I'm either going to have to lose some weight or pick some up! Gah!

So on Sunday, I was driving from Woodlands to Lynwood Grove and who do I cross paths with? The ex.... driving in the opposite direction. It's so weird. It's like his car just stands out from all the others and I instantly know it's him. That kind of annoyed me. I had also seen one of out mutual friends comment on his status update which reads " Fuck it. I should have been born dead". Hmmm... And then later on Sunday afternoon, he writes "Give me one reason to live and I'll give you three to die". Which has gotten me thinking that he must be going through some depression or something. I know that I must not worry myself. I also know that I must not be happy that he's depressed. But I start to think back to our break-up and the things that were said. And I remember saying to him "Damn you. Damn you to hell". And I really meant it. I also wished that he would never find happiness. Ever. Could it be that my words did, in fact, have that much power? I don't know. Well, whatever he's going through at the moment, he will have to go through it on his own. I am not a part of his life any more, and even if my words are coming true, I know that I haven't done anything to make his life a misery. I have left it in the hands of fate. So we'll see what happens.

I am not going to be at work on Thursday. I am going to a funeral. One of my close friends from high school suffered a huge tragedy last week. Her husband was in a car accident and he passed away. She is completely devastated and I need to be there for my old friend. They were together since she was 16. That's more than half her life that she's had him in her life and now, just like that, he's gone. And they have two little boys that are now without a father. It's so sad and tragic. And so very unfair. As soon as I start believing in the goodness of God, soemthing like this happens and it makes me start doubting again. Why do good people have to suffer such tragedies?

Well. After the last two depressing paragraphs, I'm just going to stop writing for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment