Monday 30 April 2012

Long Weekend

I took the day off work on Thursday to attend the funeral of my friend's husband. It was so sad. She was devastated. I can't imagine going through that. In fact, I would rather go through all of my pain, ten times over, than have to go through even one second of her pain. I just pray that she finds the strength to carry on, to raise her two boys as best as she can, so that they can continue their father's legacy.

To try and cheer myself up on Thursday night, I went to Cafe Barcelona for the Bruce Springsteen tribute. It was tons of fun. I hung out with Jess and Jan and I saw some other old friends. It was good to be out amongst people from the old days, from before the ex. They have accepted me back into the fold without question or judgement and I love them for that. I got asked out on a date, which I politely refused. It was some guy that I had met at Runnings many years ago, but I had always thought he was gay... Ooops! But he was drunk and I don't do that any more. I also spoke with Bee... Her boyfriend plays in the ex's band. She asked if we had broken up, which I confirmed and she told me that I am looking really good now. She also told me that, according to her boyfriend, my ex is in some terrible depression and no one knows when they are going to play another gig. They haven't even had a practice since March! I told her that I have no idea what he's going through, and that I pretty much don't care. She loved it. I saw other ex-band members of the ex's and they were all very sweet to me. I like that.

On Friday afternoon, I went with my sister to her friend's house. She has a little boutique and she had just received new stock so we were all invited to shop and drink wine. I had a lovely time, and also bought myself a few goodies! It was very strange to see an ex-friend/new enemy there. She was part of the reason that my sister and I had fallen apart, she essentially stabbed me in the back. Then when she found out about the break-up, she was more interested in remaining friends with the ex, so that was really the end of that. So yeah, it was weird for a while, and then she left, thank goodness.

On Saturday, we had to do some shopping and then in the afternoon, my mom and I went to church. I like going to church. Especially the singing. And just the feeling that He's listening. I prayed a lot for my friend, so that God can give her strength.

On Sunday, my dad, sister and I went for a hike in the Magaliesberg, a place called Shelter Rock. It's about an hour away from Pretoria. The hike itself is up a mountain, not too difficult. It's about 8km's in total. Despite the fact that I'm extremely unfit, I went up that mountain relatively easily. As we started going down, however, I slipped on some loose rocks and fell on my bum. The rocks hurt my back quite a bit, just to the left of my spine. I was really shocked and burst into tears! But I got up, dusted myself off, wiped the tears from my face and made it down. Towards the end of it, I was in a ton of pain. Every step hurt, but all I wanted was to get to the car, so I kept a good pace. My dad was really impressed. The only other casualty was my shorts. With the fall, they tore. Had I not been wearing underwear, my bum would have been visible to all! Very embarrassing! When we got home, I took a nice shower and my mom helped me to put a pain relief plaster on my lower back. This morning, when I got dressed for work, I noticed that my bum-crack is bruised. Yeah. Looks really attractive!!! But despite that, I really enjoyed myself and I would like to do it again... Once I've healed!!!

Tomorrow is another public holiday, Workers' Day. I didn't take today off because of the funeral on Thursday. So I am sitting here, at the office, on my own. Yip. On my own. A few people are supposed to be here, but all the desks are empty. I may very possibly go home early today. It sucks not having anyone to talk to!

Tomorrow I am just going to take it easy. I am probably going to go through my closet and get rid of some more old clothes that I don't wear any more. I am getting a new closet put in next week Monday and I can't wait! I might also ask my dad to take me to the furniture store because I want to replace my chest of drawers. I'd like to see what they have.

Well, seeing as there is no one here today, I am also going to take the day "off". Except that I'll be here, at the office. What fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment