Tuesday 28 February 2012

Academy Awards - My Thoughts

I watched the Academy Awards last night. Yes, they finished at 11:30 at night and I got up at 5:00 this morning so needless to say, I'm a little tired. But it was worth it!

Here's what I thought of the ceremony:

Billy Crystal has had a lot of plastic surgery. A lot. Either that, or he hasn't aged since the 90's. And he's not really that funny any more. I think they need to look for new talent to host the Awards. I'm thinking Tina Fey. She could be awesome.

Angelina Jolie.... Oh boy. When she walked on stage I realised that her gown was split to her hoo-ha. Quite extreme. And then the posing! Oh my word! It's not like anybody couldn't ignore that split, so there was really no need to show it off so much! She presented the award for Best Adapted Screenplay and the winners (Alexander Payne, Nat Faxon and Jim Rash) imitated her pose for just a moment. That was priceless!

I'm pretty sure that Jennifer Lopez has a minor wardrobe malfuntion. While she was presenting the award for Best Costume Design with Cameron Diaz, it looked as though her nipple was trying to make its way out of her dress. Oops!

Emma Stone was an absolute delight. She gushed about how excited she was to be presenting for the first time and asked Jonah Hill if he would come up on stage to do a dance number with her. What a sweetie! I loved her energy!

Sandra Bullock presented the award for Best Foreign Film and said that seeing as Madarin Chinese is the most spoken language, she was going to say a little about foreign films in that language. She said that her Chinese has a slight German accent, and then went on to say a few lines... In German. Too cute! I also noticed that she was rather emotional. Whenever they showed her, she had tears in her eyes.

Gwenyth Paltrow and Robert Downey Jr were awesome presenters. Robert Downey Jr was pretending that he was filming a documentary called "The Presenter" and had extra cameras on stage. Very funny. They have amazing chemistry!

The showed snippets of actors talking about their favourite movies and how movies made them feel. It was great seeing the likes of Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, Robert de Niro, Julia Roberts, Hellen Mirren, Adam Sandler and such, talking about the thing they are so passionate about.

The Artist was one of the big winners and everyone that collected an award was adorable. So humble, so proud, so excited. I loved it! Jean Dujardin who won Best Actor is very, very handsome. And so is Demian Bechir who was nominated.

Meryl Streep's acceptance speech was lovely. She's the best actress of our time, but she's so humble and down-to-earth. So in love with her right now!

Christopher Plummer won Best Supporting Actor and in doing so, became the oldest winner of an Academy Award at the age of 82. He was so cute, looking at his statue, saying "You're only two years older than me. Where have you been my entire life?" And then he went on to say that he had his acceptance speech ready from birth, but that he's forgetten it. Bless.

I know there's more to point out, but my sleepy brain can't think of anything more right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment