Sunday 12 February 2012

WTF??

Friday night was a big night out... It was not without its hiccups, but it all worked out well in the end and I had a fabulous time.

Sue invited me to join her and her friend Lou at the Baron in Sandton. It was Lou's birthday and we needed to celebrate. Because of my carlessness, Sue said that I would drive with her and sleep over at her house. So after work, we got changed at the office, freshened up and off we went. Sue usually gives this chick Sam a lift to Sandton and she was also there. When we got to Sue's car, I asked Sam if I could jump in the front seat and she didn't really say much. When we were about to arrive in Sandton, Sam decides to say that she thought is was so rude that she had been relegated to the back seat because she had wanted to talk to Sue about work stuff. Sue and I were kind of shocked and told her that if she had had a problem with sitting in the back, she should have said something earlier. She even had the balls to say that she got shoved to the back seat because she's black - which she isn't, she's dating a black guy who happens to be an ANC hot-shot, so the whole "it's because I'm black" thing is apparently the excuse for everything. When we dropped her off, I apologised, but she didn't accept my apology, didn't even look me in the eye. Whatever.

Needless to say, Sue and I were really upset by the time we got to the Baron, so it was good to get there and have a drink. Earlier in the day, I had invited the Advocate and he was undecided. As we were arriving, he let me know that he was on his way. So there we were, having a good time, despite the rain and suddenly, the Advocate appears. He was already a little drunk. And within a few minutes of him being there, I regretted having invited him. He spent most of the time talking to random strangers rather than spending time with me and when he was around me and my friends, he was rather obnoxious, constantly saying how pretentious the people at the Baron are. Then, some time before 9pm, he asks me if I could drive him home and if I could spend the night there with him. I don't know why, but I said yes. So Sue and I, along with the Advocate, go to Sue's car to get my stuff. Then, after Sue went back to the party, the Advocate and I spent I don't know how long in the two basement levels of the parking lot looking for his car, because he lost it! He fucking lost his car he was so drunk! And I started getting annoyed. And the more he asked if I was annoyed, the more annoyed I got. After a while, when he wanted to go back to the lower level one more time, I told him that if he couldn't find the car, I was going to go back upstairs to my friends to continue my night out the way I had originally planned it. He was fumbling along, and I just turned around and walked away. I went back upstairs and found Sue very quickly. I told her the story, we dropped my stuff back at her car and went back to the Baron to forget about the stupid idiot.

While we were there, my phone started vibrating like mad. Four missed calls and two sms's from the Advocate, all ignored by me. His last sms said "Sorry!" as if that's good enough. I just ignored it and concentrated on having a good time.

After the Baron, we went to Tiger Tiger in Fourways for some dancing. And it was fantastic!! I had a really good time. Despite the earlier ugliness, it all worked out well and I had fun.

I was supposed to go watch the Advocate play cricket on Saturday. Sue was supposed to drop me off at his house the next morning, but I had told her that I wasn't going to go any more, after his stupidness. I was actually waiting for him to call or sms asking if I was still going to join him, but he didn't. And I spent most of the day yesterday waiting for an apology better than the "sorry" he had sent the night before. Nothing. Nothing at all.

I don't know what he could be thinking. He could be thinking that I over-reacted, that he did nothing wrong or that I'm still too pissed off. He could be scared, not knowing what to say. Whatever the reason is, he's taking too long. All I wanted from him was to see how he would be in my environment, doing things that I wanted to do. And he failed. He failed badly! If the apology ever comes, I don't know how I will react. But I honestly now think that it won't work out between us. He didn't show himself in the best light on Friday. And I really didn't appreciate it.

So Tuesday is Valentine's Day and it'll be yet another day for me. I've never done anything special for Valentine's Day. Even with the ex. So it's not like I'm missing out. But it would have been nice. Just one time.

No comments:

Post a Comment