Friday 10 February 2012

Feeling Healthier...

I was off work on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I had a bout of flu but I am feeling much better. The doctor gave me some medicine and told me to stay at home and just rest. It was good and now I am finally feeling a lot more normal!

I was a little depressed while I was at home, as it was the anniversary of the miscarriage. Always a little sad, but even more so this month, as I would have been about to give birth.... Had things worked out differently.

But I am fine. I did a lot of thinking, a lot of soul-searching and a lot of self-forgiveness. I have accepted what happened. And I am moving on with my life. It'll all work out ok.

So I'm back at work today because I have a few things to take care of. Nothing drastic, just a few lose ends that I should have done during the week. I am taking a rather calm approach to everything around me. There were a few emails in my inbox that could have made my blood boil, but I have decided not to let things get to me.

Last night, Sue invited me out to the Baron in Sandton for tonight. At first I wasn't sure if I should go, but I have decided to just go and enjoy myself. There is no sense in sitting at home by myself while the world carries on with its business without me. Getting that invitation last night actually made me really happy. I like being invited to things, to be thought of. I'm actually starting to think that I'm slowly starting to make new friends. And I like that.

The Advocate sent me an sms on Tuesday and when I told him I was sick, he wished me a speedy recovery. Which is nice. Then last night, I received an sms from him, saying only "Hey" and nothing more. I replied in the same vein, but nothing more from him. Who knows. Perhaps he was horny and was text-sex, I don't know. It's not like I'm very good at it - I think it's rather silly. I'll send him an sms later this afternoon, to tell him that I'm at the Baron, should he want to join. But I am without a car and can't go galavanting to wherever he his, nor should I have to, actually. If he wants to see me, he will come to me. That is all.

And now, after all of that, I need to take my morning medicine and get on with the bit of work that I came in to do today. It's not a lot and it's not difficult, so it should take too long.

Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment