Tuesday 8 November 2011

The Final Hour

Today has felt insanely long... I have been running on fumes all day and it is taking every little bit of energy I have to just keep my eyes open. I am so incredibly tired!!! I reckon I will have some dinner when I get home and then call it a night for me. I just need to sleep. I've had a metric fuck-ton of coffee and it's not really helping. All I need is a bit of energy to get to the bus stop and then onto the train. I may have a power nap or two on the way home. Yes, it's that bad.

I'm going to Cape Town on Thursday and I'm really looking forward to it through my haze of tiredness. I'm leaving on Thursday morning, and luckily it's not the first flight. I'm flying at the very decent time of 9am. I'm staying in Cape Town on Thursday night and I'll be flying back on Friday morning. I'll arrive in Joburg at 11am and I'm hoping to convince the boss to let me go home. I really don't want to have to come back to the office on Friday!

I haven't heard from either the ex or the Advocate. I'm kinda glad I haven't heard from the ex because I just don't have the energy to deal with him, even on the days that I'm bursting with energy. The Advocate... I don't know. Perhaps he will call at some stage, but I really don't like being summoned by him, when he's available and then not hearing from him when I invite him to things. It's not how it works, regardless of his other responsibilities. A phone call or sms is just common courtesy, in my opinion. Yes, I know I have to be patient, but I need to know what I'm waiting for because I'm sure as hell not going to wait for someone who will be mostly unavailable to me. I've played the role of second-best before and I'm not willing to do that again.

45 minutes to go...

I think I'll have another cup of coffee....

No comments:

Post a Comment