Thursday 17 November 2011

Just Doing My Thing...

I was on leave yesterday and I took my aunt and cousin to Sandton on the Gautrain. They absolutely loved it! They also did a lot of shopping in Sandton and I saw a few nice things too. I'll be going back after payday to get a few pretty things for myself :)

My folks are away for the next few days with my aunt and cousin. They are going to do the nature thing in Mpumalanga.

So it's been almost a month since I first told the ex about his stuff that I found in my boxes and nothing has come of that. On Tuesday afternoon, upon realising that I was on leave the following day, I sent him an email asking him if he was available that evening so I could drop those things off for him. No reply until the next morning, saying that he had been out. Then he asked if he could let me know a bit later if that evening was possible and I said fine. Turns out Wednesday evening was not good for him and he suggested tonight. But it's not good for me, as I already have plans. So I said to him that perhaps the weekend or some time next week would work. Obviously no reply to that. I'm sure he thinks I'm just sitting at home, waiting for him to say come over. Nope, that's not the case. I have my life, I make my plans. The funny thing is that he keeps saying "have a drink". I really have no intention of hanging out with him as if we are still friends. All I want to do is to drop off his things so that I can be rid of the last few items that remind me of him. I don't want those things in my house any more. I want them out.

Tonight I am going to the Brooklyn Theatre to see a contemporary Colombian dance recital. A friend of mine invited me because her daughter is involved and she remembered that I have the South American connection. I can't wait. I love dance recitals!!!

Tomorrow night I plan on spending lounging on the couch, doing as little as possible. My folks get back on Saturday at some stage. We are still trying to figure out if the trip to Olwazini trip is on. The training that was supposed to take place has been postponed until next year but we still want to go to be able to sit down together and discuss certain processes and issues. So we'll see how it goes. I'm on leave next Thursday and Friday. I am taking my aunt and cousin to the Lion Park on Thursday and then they fly out on Friday morning. And then that Sunday, I'll be going to Olwazini to attend the Assessor and Moderator training.

I can't believe this year is practically over! It's been a very difficult year for me, but I am certain that next year will be a lot better. It has to be. I don't think I could go through a year like this one again.

No comments:

Post a Comment