Friday 18 November 2011

Finally Friday

It has been a really long week and I'm so happy that it's Friday!

Last night I went to the Brooklyn Theatre with Con. Her daughter was performing with a contemporary Colombian dance troupe and I was invited to tag along to see the show. It was absolutely amazing. The performance was about war and the displacement of people and I was practically in tears for most of the show. A truly amazing performance.

I got home pretty late after the show and then struggled to sleep. This morning I had to get up early to walk to the bus stop. Needless to say, I am rather sleepy now that I'm at the office. I also fortgot the keys to my office cupboard and my laptop's power cable is in there, so my laptop is running on empty, kinda like me! And I keep losing connection to the internet, so today is going to be rather interesting.

So yesterday I wanted to sms the Advocate and I did. A bit of chit-chat back and forth, but not what I was hoping for. What was I hoping for? An invitation to spend time together. But no. There was none. Ugh, I just don't know any more. I kinda liked the guy, but he doesn't seem to be as interested as he was at first. Which hurts the ego a little. Fuck that, it hurts the ego quite a lot.

There is an awesome party happening in Newtown tonight, and I have just enough money to go, but I doubt that I will. Unless I can find someone to go with me, to drive. But what are the chances? Slim. So it seems that I will be spending the evening at home, on my own. The folks and family are still out of town tonight and the sister will most likely be missioning around somewhere. So that will leave me, at home, alone on a Friday night. And they say that being single is so awesome.... Fucking ass-holes don't know what they're talking about. I guess I can use the time and drop in temperature to clean my room and be a Friday-Night-Domestic-Goddess. How exciting. The Advocate still has a chance though.... He just needs to catch a wake-up.

I had a dream about the office this morning that has left me a little freaked out. I dreamt that I had a huge fight with the chick that gives me dirty looks all the time. I dreamt that she accussed me of spying on her and reading her emails and BBM's over her shoulder. And in the dream she wanted to hit me and I grabbed her arm and said "I'd think very carefully about my next move if I were you". And then I woke up. And get ready for work. She hasn't arrived yet, so I'm hoping that she is out of the office today. It would just be too freaky.

And that's my bitch-session over and done with. I plan on sitting at my desk very quietly for the rest of the day, hoping that time goes by quickly so I can just get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment