Wednesday 9 November 2011

No Negativity Wednesday

I am going to do my utmost to remain positive today. If I can do it every Wednesday from now, then I can start adding another No Negaitivity day soon. And pretty soon, every day will be a No Negaitivity day!


I will be keeping an eye on Facebook and I'll be removing negative people from my friends. It's something I've been meaning to do for a long time now. There are a few people who are always very negative and other who comment on status updates, making me feel annoyed and negative. They will be cut. My mission for today is to surround myself with positive energy, cultivate it and grow it and try to spread the love, one person at a time. Happy days!


I'm am super excited about my trip to Cape Town tomorrow! I think our meeting is going to bring a lot of changes, positive changes! It's going to be good, I can just feel it!


So I was reading an atricle on Women24 that shook my brain a little. I am now convinced that I was in an emotionally abusive relationship. Here is the link: http://www.women24.com/LoveAndSex/SinglesAndDating/How-to-spot-an-abuser-20100211


In brief, here is what the article says are the signs of an abuser:


  • Nothing is ever his fault
  • He alienates you from friends and family
  • He manipulates you through a system of praise and punishment
  • He thinks he is above the law
  • He needs constant admiration and craves recognition and praise
  • He's obsessed with grandiose fantasies of himself as being god-like and invincible
  • He shows a complete lack of empathy. His feelings are the only ones that matter.
I can say yes to all seven of these points when thinking about the ex. I had thought all of these things about him in the last few months, but to be told that they are the signs of an abuser.... Yeah. I didn't see that one coming. At least now I know and I won't allow him or any other man to treat me the same way.


I need to get some breakfast now. I woke up starving!!!! The coffee has helped, but I need something solid, something bready, something cheesy. Yumyum.

No comments:

Post a Comment