Friday 8 June 2012

Finally Friday!

It's been one hell of a long week. I've worked extremely hard and there has been plenty of stress and drama at the office. That woman has been making trouble again and it is getting too much to handle.

I have just found out that something is going to happen with her next week and that it is very likely that everyone will be dragged into it. I know that it has to do with the fact that she comes in late every day, as well as the fact that she disappears during the day - no one knows where she goes. I don't mind her disappearing from her desk - it brings some peace and quiet and calm. Her smoke breaks are super long. She'll go smoke and only come back half an hour later. Yes, I also take smoke breaks but I go downstairs, smoke and come back up immediately. Ten minutes tops. I'm sure that she'll also bring up the fact that I leave early. But here's the deal - I come to work and I work. I'm at my desk and I do what I have to do. I don't spend all day sorting out my own personal stuff. I don't spend all day bitching to everyone who will listen. I do my work. And yes, I leave early because I have a bus to catch. ButI make up for the early leaving by working. I get things done, while she just messes things up. I've learnt that you have a lot more leeway when you actually do your job and you do it well. So bring it on, bitch. I'm ready for you.

Thank goodness it is Friday today. Really, I couldn't be happier. My boss was here this morning and it was great having my ally here. He filled me in on a lot of confidential happenings with regards to this bitch of a woman. No one wants to work with her. No one. Not even her own staff. If that's not a sign, I don't know what is.

But yes, back to the happiness that is Friday... Even though it's freezing cold, I am going to go out tonight to watch some bands and hang out with friends. I need to unwind after this hell-week. I've just realised that I have events every weekend for the month of June and that's awesome! Next Saturday, I am going out again to watch more bands and see friends. Then the following Saturday I am going out for dinner with some old school friends. And the Saturday after that, I am going to get my tattoo and I'm really looking forward to that! A birthday present from my bestest Dee!

Ugh, the time just won't move on.... I want to go home....

No comments:

Post a Comment