Monday 11 June 2012

Having a Sulk...

I am sulking.... I am incredibly annoyed at the office and I'm miserable. I have not progressed in my work today and I am extremely pissed off about that.

The noise situation is becoming unbearable. Even with my earphones on, and my music playing at almost full volume, I can still hear conversations all around me. Everyone tries to speak louder than the next person, so that whoever they are speaking to on the phone can hear them. And so it gets louder. And louder. And louder.

I can't stand it any more.

The big boss tells me to be patient. We will have our quiet office in a few months.

I don't have a few months.

I have deadlines that I am going to miss because I can't concentrate!

Then I get told that I should go sit in a free boardroom. Oh yes, boardrooms that are free for an hour, then occupied for a meeting for another hour and then free again. Yes, that is definitely the way to go. Fucking stupid idea. Even when I book a boardroom for the entire day, I am disturbed by people sticking their heads in to check who is there. It's probably even more disruptive than sitting out here in the open plan office.

All I want is a space where I can be on my own, where there is peace and quiet and I can just sit there and do my work without having to overhear anyone's conversations.

I have lost an entire day's worth of work and I am pissed off.

No comments:

Post a Comment