Wednesday 6 June 2012

Writer's Block... Kind Of...

I've been revamping our orientation material, which involves reformatting and rewriting a 5-day programme. In the last three days I have written almost 11000, yes, eleven thousand words of banking-related information. Needless to say, I am rather tired. My brain shut down just after 1pm today and I have not been able to get up going again. I am tired and I am taking the rest of the afternoon off.

I have been chatting with my friend who lost her husband almost two months ago. She is going through a bad day today and I have been giving her some advice on how to take it, not one day at a time, but a minute at a time. I can relate to her pain. I've been to hell and I've come back. The least I can do is help someone who is on that journey now, giving her some light, some support.

I struggled to get out of bed this morning.... Not because I was dreading coming to work, not because I hadn't slept well and was tired. It was just too cold. My bed was a warm haven and I didn't want to leave it. I'm so looking forward to getting back into my bed tonight!

I am thinking of going out on Friday night. The Black Cat Bones are playing at Klitsgras on Friday night and I feel like hanging out with friends, drinking beer and listening to some cool tunes. It's been a while. It's definitely an option.

I erckon when I get into work tomorrow morning, I will be able to pick up where I left off and I will have another productive day. I am confident.

No comments:

Post a Comment