Friday 22 June 2012

Winter, You Little Bitch....

When I left the house this morning it was still dark, as it usually is. I felt a crispness in the air but that was it. By the time I got to the Gautrain station in Rhodesfield, it wasn't dark any more, but it was completely overcast. And the crispness that I had felt in Pretoria had turned into wind. Ice cold wind. Now, looking out of my 10th floor window at the office, I can just see grey. The buildings, the sky, all grey. And downstairs it's Arctic! The wind, channeled by the buildings in the CBD is not only ice cold, but it's strong. It makes me want to curl up into a little ball and jsut hide. Even though I was born in the dead of winter (my birthday is next Wednesday), I can honestly say that I am not a fan of this season.

Give me sunshine and warmth any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment