Thursday 21 June 2012

One minute at a time...

I have been taking things one minute at a time today... It feels as though a day, or even an hour at a time is a bitt too much to handle. It's getting to that time of the year, the one year anniversary of the worst moments of my life and I am trying very hard to distract myself and not allow it to consume me. I am working very hard at it and so far, so good. But I can't make any promises.

Every once in a while, the emotions come flooding back, without remorse, without pulling punches. And it freakin' hurts. It still does, even after all this time. Obviously I don't want it to. I don't want to remember how badly I was hurting, but what I want is not always what I get.

If I'm not highly distracted, full steam ahead kind of distracted, the memories come. The flood back and they take over and I can't get rid of them very easily. I hate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment