Monday 14 May 2012

Back to Monday...

This weekend just felt way too short. And it was a busy one at that...

Saturday was a shopping day. I went to Sandton in the morning because I wanted to buy a dress for our formal dinner at the HR conference next week. I spent four hours in Sandton, trying on all kinds of dresses, none of which fit me properly. I felt like a tall, fat freak. I even had a little breakdown in one of the fitting rooms.... I had a big cry. It wasn't a pretty sight! I gave up and got back on the train to go home. I was planning on spending the rest of the afternoon and evening in my PJ's, watching movies and drowning my sorrows, most likely by stuffing my face. Yes, I know.... Making myself feel better for feeling fat by eating.... Fucking stupid. But as I was on the train, Dee sends me a message asking how it went and then she told me that she was going to pick me up from my house when I got there, and that she was going to take me to Menlyn and we were going to find a dress. She did not take no for answer. And so, I went to Menlyn with Dee, and, yes... We found a dress. I fell in love with it as soon as I put it on. It is so sexy. And wearing it, I don't feel fat or gigantically tall! I can't wait for the dinner function next week! I am going to be smokin' hot!

Sunday was Mothers Day and we took my mom out for brunch at Tribeca Standard in Lynnwood Bridge. They messed up our booking and didn't have a table ready for us. The managers were totally incompetant and I was starting to lose my temper. We finally got a table and then we sat there, waiting for someone to come take our drinks order. Ther service was slow in general, but the atmosphere was nice. By the time our food came, it was much later than "brunch" and started going into "lunch" time. But the meal was good and we all had a great time.

I thought a lot about last year, what I did last Mothers Day. I'm actually glad that I'm single.... I don't think I could have handled another Mothers Day with the ex being all depressed, saying how he doesn't have a mother, blah, blah, blah. Thinking about it yesterday, it's actually quite an insult to his adoptive mother, who raised him and gave him everything. Just goes to show that even a day like Mothers Day is ALL ABOUT HIM.

After that it was pretty much just a lazy Sunday afternoon. I watched Chocolat. And that's when I realised why women all over the world go mad for Johnny Depp. He looked super hot in that movie!

And it was an early night for me.

Now it's back to work and I am so not in the mood. I'm still sleepy....

No comments:

Post a Comment