Wednesday 9 May 2012

More Duchess-Style Fashion Police from the Costume Institute Gala 2012

More pictures, more opinions!

Anna Wintour in Prada
Ms. Fashion herself wore a custome made Prada gown made to represent Schiaparelli's famous Lobster Dress. Only Ms. Wintour can pull something like this off, looking classic and fashionable at the same time.


Elizabeth Banks in Mary Katrantzou
This gown has a lot going on. A lot. Four different patterns. Peplum. Cape-thingy. Bold. Fierce. In theory, I would say it doesn't work, it's too much, but the reality of it is that despite the business and muchness, Elizabeth makes it work by keeping the rest of her look simple. I like this. Even though I don't want to.


Ginnifer Goodwin in Monique Lhuillier
I love this tangerine creation. It's soft and feminine, hugs her body in all the right places and works wonders on her complexion. It balances her short hair beautifully. I would have liked to see a strappy sandal with this delicate gown, but that's just me being fussy.


Hailee Steinfeld in Prada
This is what a young woman wears to a gala event. Are you looking at this, Shailene Woodley? It's elegant, it's pretty and it makes her look young and fresh. I love it!


Kirsten Dunst in Rodarte
I like this dress, really, I do. But it is not nearly glam enough for an event like this and it makes Kiki look like an old maid school teacher. Beautiful - yes. Event appropriate - no.


Leslie Mann in Nina Ricci
I like the floatiness of this gown, although I'm not a fan of the mullet effect - long in the back, short in the front. And a more delicate shoe and belt would have been better.


Mary-Kate Olsen in The Row
This is one of her own designs. I can't fault it too much. It's black, it's nigh-necked and long-sleeved. It just drowns her tiny frame. And I really don't know what's going on with that frizzy hair and mad make-up.


Solange Knowles in Rachel Roy
I love this gown! The bold yellow, strapless, peplum gown works wonders on her! Definitely the better-dressed Knowles sister on the red carpet at this event!


Stella McCartney in..... Stella McCartney
Keeping it very low-key, Stella McCartney wears a crop metallic top and simple black trousers from her own collection. This is a top fashion event, sweetie, you are required to glam it up a little!

No comments:

Post a Comment