Thursday 10 May 2012

One of "Those" Days?

So the migraine is all over, thank goodness. But I am still in a mood. I spoke to my boss yesterday about it. I am finding the noise at the office very distracting. There is also stress and politics amongst certain members of our team and it is impacting me in a very negative way. In general I can feel my energy levels at an all-time low. I can't concentrate on anything and I am always feeling stressed and uncomfortable. I heard yeasterday that the sales people who share our open-plan space will be moving out and that the rest of the HR team will be moving in. They will also be closing our space up so that there is minimal noise coming from the call centre. I asked my boss to please speak on my behalf and to ask that I get a small office so that I can work in peace. I feel that this is the only way that I will be able to focus on what needs to be done without the distractions of those around me.

It makes me feel very sad, the fact that I am feeling so demotivated at work. Since I have been working for my boss, I have never felt this way. And the worst part of it is that it has nothing to do with my work or with my boss. It's all got to do with the environment that I'm in. I always used to be able to block it al out, but I can't do it any more. I need silence. I need to concentrate. I need to do my work. In peace. It feels as though I am going to lose it at any moment. I can see myself standing up and going absolutely postal. Even now, as I'm typing this, there are at least four conversations going on at full fucking volume. This is getting beyond ridiculous. It's no fucking wonder I've got headaches and migraines all the time.

I want to fucking run away.

No comments:

Post a Comment