Tuesday 8 May 2012

Fashion Police - Costume Institute Gala 2012

The Costume Institute Gala was held at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City last night.... And here are the pictures, along with my opinion of how our favourite celebrities looked on fashion's biggest night! Let's do this!

Alexa Chung
I do not know what this woman is famous for, nor do I care. It looks as though she is wearing a trash bag over her white shirt... And an ill-fitting trash bag at that!


Amber Heard in Zac Posen
For a while she rocked an awesome red carpet look and I am wondering where that look went! I'm not a huge fan of the colour for evening wear for a start. This dress looks a little too big for her, although I'm not sure. I think she's lost some weight and all that remains are the boobs. I like the hair and make-up, but from the neck down, this girl does not pull it off.


Amy Adams in Giambasistta Valli
Long, flowing gown - check. Veronica Lake curls - check. Classic old-Hollywood make-up - check. All in all, this is a great look. I love it!


Ashely Greene in Donna Karen
I like the gown, but that's pretty much where the love affair ends. No effort with hair or make-up, no jewellery and a dazed expression. Does Ashely Greene know where she is?


Beyonce in Givenchy
Beyonce always goes for all-out extravegance at events like this, so I was expecting something "out there". The difference between now and previous occassions is that she used to pull it off. I don't even know where to begin with this.... The beading over a sheer gown... The purple, feathered train.... Wow. Has motherhood made Beyonce lose her freakin' mind?


Brooke Shields in J. Mendel
Not that I like wishing anyone ill, but I truly hope that the walking stick is for a legitimate reason, like a twisted ankle or something. Otherwise, I like the gown, nice and age-appropriate. Even though Brooke Shields suffers from a serious case of man-face.


Brooklyn Decker
She's a beautiful woman... I just don't know why she didn't have this gown properly fitted and taken in. It just looks too big and hangs off her frame. Bleh!


Cameron Diaz in Stelle McCartney
Cameron Diaz shines no matter what she wears.... And this bling-bling gown just makes her shine more! I love the quirky, Something About Mary hairstyle! One suggestion though, Cameron dear, please wear a bra! Your girls aren't as perky as the used to be!


Camille Belle in Ralph Lauren
I love this gown and her entire look! The dark lips, simple up-do and delicate jewellery work! And I love the back!




Candice Swanepoel
Showing off some really buff arms, this blue gown makes her eyes pop. I like the curve-creating panels, but I'm not crazy about the sheer slits.


Carey Mulligan in Prada
The newlywed shines in this metallic, fish-scale gown by Prada. A simple up-do and no jewellery keeps the focus on the dress. I'm usually not a fan of this kind of metallic dress, but she makes it work!


Cate Blanchett in Alexander McQueen
Yes, this dress is covered in feathers, but Cate pulls it off beautifully. A pop of colour on the lips would have been great though.


Chace Crawford
Because I had to put a little eye-candy in here!


Chelsea Clinton
She looks good in this red, lace gown. Simple and elegant, and just a little boring.


Chloe Sevigny
Well known for her quirky style, Chloe Sevigny looks like she was caught in the part part of the 90's in this monstrosity. What was she thinking?


Christina Ricci in Thakoon
I like the actual dress part of this ensemble. But the bow need to go.... It's just too much!


Dakota Fanning in Louis Vitton
The seventeen year old actress looks sweet and delicate in this pale lavender gown. A lovely fresh look for the young actress!


Daniel Radcliffe and Rosie Coker
Does Daniel Radcliffe ever see the sun? I have never seen a human being with such pale skin. It's actually freaking me out a little! Rosie's dress is simple and lovely, but perhaps a little too simple for an evening like this.


Debra Messing
I love the pewter-metallic gown she's wearing. It looks super comfortable! But the deep vee? No, not at your age any more my dear!


Donald and Melanie Trump
Mrs Trump is looking fierce in her white cocktail dress. I love the matching orange tans.... Not!


Emily Blunt and John Krasinski
She is one of my favourites on the red carpet, and she wears this simple gown beautifully. I would have loved to see her in something a little more extravegant though.


Emma Roberts in Escada
Bright, young and fresh. She looks gorgeous!


Emma Stone in Lanvin
She looks cute as a button and super excited to be there. I love Emma Stone!!!


Eva Mendes in Prada
I love the bright orange and the detail on the bust. A sexy hairstyle would have been awesome though!


Gerard Butler
More eye-candy!!!


Gisele Bundchen in Givenchy
Lovely gown, lovely shoes. Boring hair and a little too Oompa-Loompa looking with that fake tan.


Gwyneth Paltrow in Prada
She caused quite a commotion in this little Prada number. I don't like it one bit. She may still look young and fresh, but there is an age limit for the side-boob. I don't like this.


Heidi Klum in Escada
I love the grey lace! And the neck detailing. I don't like the shoes.


Hilary Swank in Micheal Kors
I love this gown! It looks as though it's been wrapped around her figure. For an actress that's made her name playing a boy and a boxer, she's got some sexy womanly curves!


Hugh Dancy and Claire Danes in J. Mendel
I don't have much to say about this couple. They are simply and elegantly put together. I love the blue clutch against the white!


January Jones in Versace
Bright yellow, corset, peplum, black insets, bold jewellery.... Choose one, January, Please, just choose one! Her hair and make-up are stunning though!


Jessica Alba in Michael Kors
I love this gorgeous metallic gown! Jessica pulls it off beautifully! I would have preferred a lighter eye to go with the dark lip though.


Ryan Seacrest and Julianne Hough
Julianne's gown is by Carolina Herrera and it's gorgeous! Not a fan of the beach-babe hair though!


Jessica Biel in Prada and Justin Timberlake in Tom Ford
I don't know how I feel about this dress. It's too long for a short dress and, obviously, too short for a long dress. I'm not a fan of the deep vee. But I like the print on it. Her fringe is just way too long. I hate a fringe that touches the eyelashes. Surely the future Mrs Timberlake could bring some SexyBack!!


Kanye West
Kim Kardashian's new boyfriend looks rather good on the red carpet.


Karolina Kurkova in Rachel Zoe
This looks like it was taken from the fashion archives of Dynasty with those fierce shoulders, long sleeves, all-out goldness and headband. I can totally see Joan Collins wearing this! Here is the back of the gown:


Even the bare, sexy back take the Dynasty-Joan-Collins feel away from this gown. Sorry, but it's a thumbs down from me.


Kate Bosworth
I like the feathered cocktail dress, with the red on the top. It's very sexy. But that severely pulled-back do is doing this super-skinny girl no favours. Someone loosen her hair! And at the same time, give her a burger!!


Kate Upton
So this is what she looks like with clothes on!!! I like the gown, but the hair could have matched the old-Hollywood glamour of the make-up. And I'm not a fan of the over-dark brows, especially when the lips are a birght red like this.


Katharine McPhee in Elie Saab
Gorgeous pop of orange on the red carpet. I love it!!!


Kristen Stewart in Balenciaga
I don't know what Kristen Stewart was smoking when she looked in the mirror and decided that she looked good. A geometric animal print, plus colour-blocking, and then those hideous white sandals.... I'm not even going to launch into the mess that it her hair!


Lana Del Rey in Jospeh Altuzarra
This is a stunning combination of metallic and gothic, with the sparkling gown, black cape and dark lips. I love her hair, those classic old-Hollywood curls that remind me of Veronica Lake. I love this!


Lea Michele
I love this navy gown. She's young enough to pull off the deep vee.


Leighton Meester in Marchesa
I love this gown, I really do. It's floaty and ethereal. Leighton almost gets it right by pairing a bold, dark red lip with this gown, but there's a bit too much orange happening in the face. I've seen other photos and she looks decidedly less orange. So it must be the lights...

Lily Collins in Valentino
This gown washes this poor girl out. I know she played Snow White in Mirror Mirror, but that role is now over, sweetie. She needs to add a bit of colour!


Linda Evangelista
How does one of the original supermodels dress? Like a supermodel, obviously! Simple and elegant always works!


Liv Tyler in Givenchy
Yes. I do like this.


Marion Cotillard in Dior
I like the bustier of this dress, but not the sheer skirt. It just doesn't work.


Milla Jovovich in Marc Jacobs
Depite the fact that this has a tassled skirt, I like it. It works on her and has a bit of 1920's flapper style to it.


Nina Dobrev in Donna Karen
I love this black and gold gown by the New York designer. It's simple and extravagent at the same time!


Renee Zellweger in Pucci
This gown is gorgeous!!! Now someone give her a burger!!!


Rihanna in Tom Ford
I love this crocodile applique gown by Tom Ford, who happens to be one of my favourite designers! And it's so nice to see Rihanna dressed for a change!


Roasrio Dawson in Calvin Klein
I love this black, leather gown! And only Roasrio can pull it off! Amazing!!!


Sarah Jessica Parker in Valentino
SJP is supposed to be a fashion icon, representing New York specifically. So why she decided to wear grandma's old summer curtains, I will never know. This is fashion's biggest night, so dress like it!


Scarlett Johansson in Dolce and Gabanna
I love this gown. It has the right balance of embellishments and floatiness. I just with that Scarlett had done something with her hair!


Shailene Woodley
What was she thinking????? She has obviously not learnt anything since the Oscars!


Sophia Vergara in Marchesa
I don't know if she wears the same gown to every red carpet or if she just makes each gown looke the same. Plus side... I love her bracelt.




No comments:

Post a Comment