Monday 7 May 2012

Monday Madness...

Back at work and it is madness.... Issues coming up left, right and centre. Luckily it has nothing to do with me and my job, but the atmosphere here is not good. Everyone is tense and I don't like it one bit. It just makes me want to curl up in my ball of sleepiness and stay there all day.

On Friday night I went to Dee's house. She had asked me to get some chips on my way there, so I stopped at the petrol station closest to her house. As I was leaving, I bumped into the ex. I really wasn't expecting that... Even though he lives in the complex next to Dee's. So yeah, he gave me a hug and a quick greeting. I was surprised, but ok in general. But I did end up having quite a late night. Perhaps it was a way to distract myself.

I had originally planned to go to Sandton on Saturday to shop for an outfit for our work dinner at the end of the month. But I didn't go because I had too much to do at home. Even after a very late night, I didn't get much sleep. And then I spent the day cleaning out my closet. A whole bunch of clothes to get rid of and then everything else. Let's just say that my clothes are pretty much all over the house today! Luckily the new closet is being put in today, so normality will return soon!

On Sunday I had a few more things to do and once that was done, I decided to go to the movies. I watched The Avengers. And I loved it!

So the ex wrote to me on Saturday night... I saw the email as I was going to bed but only replied this morning. He has quit his job and this is his final week there. No, he does not have a new job. He is going to "do his own thing" and not be a "corporate whore". Thise are his words. Oh well. All Ican say is that I'm glad I don't have to be there to deal with his shit! He also said that I looked good and that he was happy. Ugh, please!! It really annoys me how he will say that he's happy for me, that he still cares about me, blah, blah, blah.... All of this now, but no sign of ever even giving a fuck about me when we were together! Please.

Anyway, I replied, made some remark about how he has to work hard and whatnot. And then I went on about how awesome my life is, how happy I am, how well work is going.... Pretty much the exact opposite of his life. I just smile, laugh and shake my head a little when I think about his stupid, stupid choices.

Oh and on Friday night when I saw him, he was with a girl. Either this chick is a freakin' saint to put up with his shit, or she's stupid as mud. Part of me feels sorry for her, part of me thinks she's dumb. Whatever, I couldn't care less.

No comments:

Post a Comment