Thursday 31 May 2012

Goodbye May...

Tomorrow is the first of June.... And the 11 month anniversary of you-know-what....

I would like to take this opportunity to thank my ex for everything that happened.

Why?

Because if I was still with him, I would still be miserable. I'm not miserable any more. I'm happy. I'm happy than I've been in a very long time.

Because if I was still with him, I wouldn't be doing great things at work. Thanks to him, I threw myself into my work in order to distract myself and it is now paying off.

Because if I was still with him, I wouldn't have a relationship with my parents. They came to my rescue when I needed them the most. They fogave all the horrible things I said and did to them and they have proven to be tougher than I ever imagined.

Because if I was still with him, I would be sick. I would be sick with worry. I always worried.... I was the responsible adult in the relationship, taking on all the stress while he lived a simple existence, knowing that he would be looked after.

Because if I was still with him, I would have no future. I am in a much better place in my life right now. I might not have a car, or my own home, or anything that most people my age have, but I have my health, my job and my family. Those are the most important things in my life right now and he can never touch that.

Thank you for helping me grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment