Wednesday 9 May 2012

Post-Migraine

After days and days of headaches, the migraine finally hit me with full force yesterday. I had none of the usual warning signs, just blinding pain from one minute to the next. My vision was blurred, my sensitivity to touch, smell and sound was heightened and then there was the pain.... I don't even have the words to describe the kind of pain that I was in.

I left the office a little early and made my way home. Yes, despite the pain that I was in, I still caught the bus to the train station and then sat on a hot and overcrowded train all the way back to Pretoria. When my dad finally came to fetch me at the station, I was close to tears. We went to the pharmacy and got a migraine mix. Expensive, but very, very necessary. As soon as I got home, I took my 7 little pills in the mix and went to bed. No dinner, no nothing. I was in bed by 6:30pm. That's right.

And I slept. Whatever those pills had in them, they knocked me right out. When I got into bed I looked at the time and I thought that I would be awake at some random time, like 2 or 3 in the morning. I slept until my alarm went off at 4:45am.

I'm still a little woozy and light-headed right now. It's probably still the effects of the pills. I am doing my very best to remain calm and stress-free today. I think the thing that pushed me over into migraine territory yesterday was the fact that I was in a horrible mood and highly stressed. So I'm just here in my little bubble, trying to remain oblivious to everything around me.

We have had some good news at the office. The noisy people that share the open plan office with us will be moving. I don't know when, I don't know where, I am just glad that it's happening. And I hope it happens soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment