Thursday 26 January 2012

Past and Present.....

Interesting mini-events in the last 18 hours....

I was on the train yesterday afternoon, a little tired and a little bored. Nearing Centurion, the train goes right along the highway and I always like watching the cars. Yesterday, I was doing just that when all of a sudden, my stomach did a flip. I saw the ex, driving on the highway. And he glanced at the train a couple of times. I had a minor freak-out and wanted to hide! I've also looked at the Gautrain while on the highway, and you can see people, but I don't think you could recognise anyone. So I don't think he saw me, but it still left me very nervous.

After calming down, I realised that it could have been a sign. I think the sign was telling me to get in touch with the ex to go for that drink and to tell him what I need to tell him and finally get the closure I need. So I sent him an sms asking if he was free and if he wanted to get a beer. He didn't reply for ages, but when he finally did, he said that he was busy but asked if Thursday (today) was good for me. I replied yes. And so we are meeting tonight to have a drink. And to get closure. I'm a little nervous. All I know is that I have to look hot. To show him what he's missing.

The rest of my evening was rather uneventful. Dinner, Masterchef: The Professionals, shower and bed.

I woke up this morning and saw an sms... From the Advocate. Two words: Coming over? At 11pm last night. Can anyone say BOOTY CALL?????

I only replied when I got to the office, telling him that I was already fast asleep at that time and that I had only seen his message when I woke up this morning. He replied, asking if I wanted to go to his place tonight. I said that I have plans. Which I do. With the ex.

I know. Strange.

So the Advocate replies saying that we'll see each other next week. Ummmm... Ok.

So I've come to the conclusion that men are fucking complicated and that they don't really know what they want. Look at the ex.... First he pushes me away, treats me like shit for most of our relationship and lets me walk out of our life. Then, almost seven months later, he wants to hang out and be friends???? And the Advocate..... Says all the right things. Tells me that he likes me a lot. And is all cutesy for a few days. Then disappears. Then sends me a booty call sms. Doesn't try to convince me to go to him when I tell him I have other plans. Doesn't ask if he can see me on the weekend. Says we'll see each other next week. Confusing!!!!

Why do men not work at getting what they want? Why do they do the disappearing act???

Ugh...

No comments:

Post a Comment