Tuesday 10 January 2012

Transportation Hassles

The Gautrain bus drivers are on a go-slow since yesterday. I'm not sure why they are doing this, but they are disrupting the bus service, causing people to be late for work, and making the entire system look bad. There were no busses yesterday morning and I ended up getting a lift to the Hatfield station from a guy who had called his wife to come fetch him. By the time I got to Rosebank, the busses were fine. This morning, my dad drove me to the station in Rhodesfield, close to his office, and I got to Rosebank just before 7am. Except that there were no busses there. One of the employees at the station told me that they were supposed to arrive at 6:30 and that they had left the depot, but they were taking their time in arriving. So I phoned Cindz and she agreed to come pick me up. As soon as I made that arrangement with her, the busses starting arriving at the station, but I waited for my lift anyway. I don't see the point in paying for and using a service that is such a mess.

So it's around the time of what would have been my four-year anniversary with the ex and I was quite upset about it yesterday. Part of me wanted him to call me or email me, let me know that he still remembered and that he missed me. But no. It was stupid of me to think that. He doesn't care and the truth is that he never did. When I get back from Olwazini, I will get rid of his stuff. Whether I give it to him (and get closure at the same time) or if I throw it out, burn it or give it to charity. Whatever. The things that I have lying in the back of the car will be gone before this month is done. I don't want to drag it out any more. He might not think about me, but I think about him, especially when I have some of his things still in my possession. Hell, I might even drop it off at his office. I am done with him and everything that has anything to do with him. He has caused me so much pain, and he still manages to get in my head and mess with me. I don't appreciate it at all.

The Advocate got back from his holidays on Sunday and I haven't heard from him. Oh well. I guess it's time to be single and enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment