Thursday 8 September 2011

Sooooooo Bored

It's felt like a ridiculously long day today. I'm so tired, my neck and back hurt from being hunched over this laptop at work and worst of all, I'm bored to death. I haven't had a properly productive day in ages and it's really annoying me. It's not that I don't have any work to do, it's just that I don't feel like doing it. Whenever I start working, I get distracted by the voices and ringing phones and all the shit that is going on in this office. Yesterday, someone was going through all the ringtones on their phone, trying to chose a new one. Seriously. And then there's Mr Creepy who loves the sound of his own fucking voice and has endless conversations with all and sundry over the phone. And he tries to use that calm, soothing voice but if you listen to his words, you realise that he's just talking a lot of shit. I hate people that feel as though they have to talk all the time. It's so fucking annoying.

Tomorrow is the start of the Rugby World Cup in New Zealand. Woop-woop-fucking-woop. I really couldn't be bothered. Everyone is "Bok Befok" except for me. I don't like rugby. I'll only ever support the Boks and get into the swing of things if they are in the finals. I have a fucking life that doesn't revolve around a group of muscleheads chasing a funny shaped ball and grabbing each other's nuts all the time. Tomorrow we are supposed to wear our supporter's shirts, either the official Bok ones or the work-issued one. I will wear neither. I'm not willing to spend at least R600 for the official shirt and the one sent to us from work is a fucking disaster. I actually tried it on the other day. It's a size medium, which is ok and it fits fine across my shoulders. It's that that it's a tad too short. And I'm not wearing something that doesn't fit me well. So fuck it all.

I know that was a going on about how awesome the Gautrain is yesterday, but today is a day that I'm pissed off at everything and I've realised that I save no time whatsoever in taking the fucking train. It took me two hours to get to work this morning. Granted, I didn't have to drive or sit in the car with my dad but still. It's supposed to be quick for fuck's sakes. The train is fine, taking only 32 minutes from Rosebank to Hatfield. It's just the fucking buses to and from the stations that take a fucking eternity!!! Granted, they still have to deal with the traffic, but fuck! Those buses are fucking hot in the afternoons and I can't even begin to imagine the sweat-fest they will be in a couple of months when summer is 100% here!!!

Shit, I've actually realised that I'm psyching myself out of this and I'm supposed to get on one of the fucking buses soon. So here's what I'll do.... I'll go have my last pee, pack my shit up, change into comfortable shoes, suck it up and do what I have to do.

Fuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment